In the last few years, the demand for maternity photography in Cape Town has grown, and expectant mothers can get memorable, amazing photos to capture the experience. Maternity photography, as incredible as it is, comes with unique challenges; your mood, lighting, clothing and posing choices all play a role. To ensure that your maternity photos come out beautifully, follow the easy tips given below.
- Tell the photographer how far along your pregnancy has progressed. Generally, the best time to have a maternity photo shoot is around the seventh month; most moms feel their best around that time, and that’s when your “baby bump” is really starting to become obvious.
- Treat yourself to a professional makeup application, or do your own makeup prior to your photo shoot. The right makeup can make you look great, even if you’re not feeling it!
- Be patient with your photographer; she may need to do some experimentation to find the most flattering angle.
- If you’ve invited the photographer into your home, ensure that the shooting area is free of clutter. The bedroom and the living room are great choices, as long as there’s a window to let in some natural light.
- The use of props like baby booties and blankets can add some fun and visual interest to the photos. Your photographer will help you choose props that will add a personal touch.
- The best-looking photos are done in color. Some couples go with a monochromatic scheme, but you can always convert color photos to black and white later. Your photographer will take shots that’ll look great, no matter which color scheme you choose.
As is true with any other artistic occupation, professional maternity photographers can get into a creative rut. That’s why these photos all tend to look similar, with people and props adding subtle differences. When it comes to pregnancy photos, your maternity photographer in Cape Town should experiment with makeup styles, poses, colors and camera angles. If you’re feeling tired or insecure, talk to your photographer – she’ll give you a break, and then she’ll help you through the process.